Toshiba Excite Go AT7-C8 – Should You Consider Getting One? The latest entry into the mid-range tablet market by the Japanese manufacturer is a blend of excitement and performance that exceeds a lot of expectations. With such an economic price tag, you would be forgiven for underestimating the capabilities of this tablet especially as an android tablet under $100!
- Performance. Powered by an Intel Bay Trail CPU which is backed by a 1GB Intel Atom RAM, you never have to worry about slow performance or the tablet hanging.
- Display. The display is extravagant without compromising on quality.
- Connectivity. Device connectivity is advanced with Bluetooth4.0 and USB3.0.
- OfficeSuite Pro. It comes with the full paid version of this software.
- At 0.3MP, the camera is below other members of its class.
- The overall build and design needs a little more attention.
Sporting a 7” screen with a resolution of 124 x 600 on a capacitive touch screen with a display capability of up to 16M colors, the tablet offers a high quality display. The tablet runs Android v4.4 on an impressively powerful 1.3GHz quad core chipset with 4GB of accessible storage space and a few ports and card slots.
It is fitted with a single speaker on the bottom left and a camera on the upper left corner indicating that the tablet is meant to be held in portrait mode. The power button is on the upper right with the other buttons on the other side.
As initially mentioned, the Excite Go runs Android 4.4 OS with a few utility apps so as to decrease the internal space used up. Among the softwares the tablet ships with are; the eBay app, OfficeSuite Pro full (which costs about $15) as well as the usual android apps such as Google maps.
Audio and Video
While the tablet ships with just YouTube and the stock media player app, the CPU lends more than enough processing power to play videos effortlessly. Videos perform excellent however; the sound quality doesn’t match the same enthusiasm. The single speaker sound a little too quiet. On the plus side, the tablet has Bluetooth and a headphone jack so any issues with sound can be easily rectified.
Whatever shortfalls the Excite Go may have, it more than makes up for in performance. It excels so well that in terms of performance alone, it outranks more than a few members above its price tag. The CPU and GPU units really make this tablet worth having.
- OS Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
- 8GB internal memory expandable to 200GB.
- Connectivity; Wifi, Bluetooth, MicroUSB.
- Camera; VGA resolution, front facing.
- Weight; 354g.
- Dimensions; 199 x 119.8 x 10.9mm.
As an economic mid range tablet, the Excite Go has more than a few tricks up its sleeve. Sure it does have a few shortfalls but for a mid range device, it compensates for them in other areas. With performance being among the top reasons to buy the tablet, I would have no trouble recommending the Excite Go to anyone.